Thursday, April 22, 2010

Baby Dedication

2009 was a big year for our church as far as babies are concerned. Eight new additions(seven born and one adopted) were dedicated at church this past Saturday, which for our little ministry is a LOT of kiddos. We parents all lined up with our little ones and made a few VERY important promises to God, with the church as witnesses, about how we will raise our children.

Do we, this day, dedicate Lily to the Lord and to His will for her life?
(we do)
Do we promise to pray regularly for Lily?
(we do)
Do we promise to faithfully share the gospel of salvation through Jesus Christ with Lily both by our words and through our actions?
(we do)
Do we commit to training Lily in a way that honors & reflects God, His Holy Word, and the Bible?
(we do)

After we stood up and promised to do these things, I was immediately struck by just how significantly important our jobs as parents truly are. And I was reminded how much of a blessing my child is and how much love God bestowed on me when He thought me worthy of having her.

I realize that I'm going to make mistakes and need forgiveness but it is truly freeing to know that God is in control of Lily's life and He has a plan for her. A good plan.




No comments:

Post a Comment