Thursday, July 29, 2010

1st Birthday!

This past weekend we celebrated Lily's 1st birthday! It was quite the event and had lots of family and friends come over to celebrate with us. Now looking back, I think I may have went a little over board being that Lily is only 1 and probably won't remember this birthday but I truly wanted to create some great memories. My goal/hope is that Lily will look back at pictures and hear stories about her party and feel very loved by Matt and I because she definitely loved (maybe a little spoiled too!) by her parents (grandparents, great grandparents, friends, etc.). I also think this party was for me as well. I realize that sounds a little selfish but hey we worked really hard this past year. A whole year ago I gave birth to our little beauty and we can't even imagine life without her. I think I would liken this year to the first year of marriage. Granted there are some VERY big differences but what was that same for me is that my first year of marriage was one of the best years of my life yet probably the hardest and I feel the same about our first year of parenthood. Now looking back it went by really fast and she is changing so much. I feel so thankful that God has blessed us with her and that he has blessed our family in a way that allows me to be a stay-at-home mama. I get to experience all the ups and downs with my baby girl. I'm also thankful that Matt loves and supports our decision for me to be at home with her.

One year down....many more to come! I can't wait!


1 comment: