Sunday, February 28, 2010

Honduras kick-off!

Well tonight was our first team meeting for Honduras and we leave on May 17th for a week of serving and loving God's people. I feel like the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of events and planning for the semester. This year is bittersweet for me. I love going to this country God has put so deeply in my heart but leaving my little girl for a week is hard for this mommy. It will be the first time I've been a way from her for more than one night. I know she is going to have SO much fun and be totally spoiled by her grandparents but I can't help but worry that I'll miss something big - like her first steps! However, I'm know that God has a plan for us in Honduras and I pray for guidance and peace about leaving.

On the other hand...I'M GOING TO HONDURAS IN MAY! YAY! And truly I am excited. Our team is full of friends and interesting people that I'm excited to share this experience with. If you'd like to be praying for our team and for us then please pray that our support raising goes well/smoothly for our team. Pray that God would prepare people's hearts to be sensitive to our mission and support us. Please pray that I can lead these people and love them well - that God would give me peace, patience, understanding, etc. Also pray that Lily's mommy will enjoy her week serving the Lord and will remember what a wonderful gift grandparents are to her child.

Here are some pics from last year:



No comments:

Post a Comment