Monday, February 1, 2010

waiting for spring...

So lately I've been really longing for Spring. It wasn't so bad when the whole ground was covered with a few inches of snow but now that it's melted and I can see my yard again, I've been daydreaming about my flowers and garden. This has probably been brought on by being stuck in the house for a while but I've been itching to get my hands dirty and watch my little beauties grow! I'm going to have to be patient but I just can wait to get started. I think I'm going to really increase the size of my vegetable garden this spring. I had wanted to do it last summer but being in my last months of pregnancy, I wasn't sure I'd be able to care for it adequately. And I was right because July I was too uncomfortable and August I had Lily. So this is the year! I'm not sure what size or how I'm going to do it yet but I'm going to starting planning and thinking and dreaming of Spring...*sigh*
Here's some pictures of flowers from last summer...
My day lilies and hydrangeas. I really love my hydrangeas and it's a good thing b/c they are a huge pain the rear. But so pretty!

You can't tell from the picture but there is a climbing rose behind the trellis and I can't wait to see what is looks like this year! I'm so excited to watch it grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment