Monday, January 25, 2010

Books,books, and more books!

So I devour books. I'm not sure how else to put it. When I pick up a book and it catches my attention, I have to finish it immediately. I'm sure it has a lot to do with my personality. I have trouble being patient and when I find a great book I MUST know how it ends. (Luckily, I have a very patient husband!) So about a month ago I started reading the Diamond of the Rockies series by Kristen Heitzmann. My mother-in-law has them and brought them to me to read. I'll be honest, I was pretty skeptical about reading them being that is was Christian fiction. I'm not sure why I was skeptical. I guess I thought they might be too cheesy. Boy was I wrong. I absolutely LOVED it! So I immediately started looking into what other books she'd written and found another series call the Rocky Mountain Legacy. Well I got online and bought the series right away and just finished the 5 books this past week. I cannot say enough wonderful things about these books. I don't think I've laughed or cried as much with any other books I've read.

Both of these series are historical christian fiction novels and love stories. (I just can't resist a good love story!) They are both set out in Colorado in a time when people were mining for gold, seeking out land for homesteads, and their main mode of transportation was horses. Maybe that's why I loved them so much. I've always loved westerns and cowboys. If I ever had a chance to go back in time this is the time I'd want to see. Life was hard but at the same time simple. I guess my love for the west started with my dad. He, to this day, only wears flannel shirts, blue jeans, and cowboy boots. In fact, I remember asking him as a little girl why he didn't wear tennis shoes and his reply was, "Cowboys don't wear tennis shoes. They only wear boots." I guess that stuck with me.

So anyway, these are amazing books in my opinion. As a Christian woman, a wife, and a mother I really connected with the main character in both series. I highly recommend reading them if you get the chance. They have both moved up to my all time favorite books. Here again is the series. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Author: Kristen Heitzmann

Rocky Mountain Legacy:
Book 1: Honor's Pledge
Book 2: Honor's Price
Book 3: Honor's Quest
Book 4: Honor's Disguise
Book 5: Honor's Reward

Diamond of the Rockies:
Book 1: The Rose Legacy
Book 2: Sweet Boundless
Book 3: The Tender Vine

4 comments:

  1. okay, i am sold. i love a good recommendation.
    i have a couple series for you as well. they are by brock and bodie thoene
    (http://www.thoenebooks.com/bookList.asp?series=all) i own two of their series and have read a third. you can borrow them if you are interested. also historical fiction and love stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Annalea, I think you'd like them. I don't own Diamond of the Rockies but I do own the Rocky Mountain Legacy. Just let me know when you'd like to borrow them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think i'm in on that too. i need something great to read this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl- I hear ya about devouring books!!! I have enjoyed Christian 'historical fiction' books over the past year and if you want another series to start try Liz Curtis Higgs books set in 18th century Scotland!
    Thorn in my heart
    Fair is the Rose
    Whence Came a Prince

    ReplyDelete