Friday, January 29, 2010

Stuck at home...

My plan was not to use our blog to whine but sometimes you just need to get things out...
So about 2 weeks ago our car (which we park on the street) was hit in the middle of the night and was totaled. The person that hit us drove off so we don't know who did it and because it was an old car we only had liability insurance and so it was not covered. Matt tried getting some parts from the junk yard to fix it but now it looks like the whole car is going to the junk yard. So we've been looking for a new (to us) car.

I'll be honest, I haven't been handling this situation very well. My patience is being stretched. Being stuck in the house for almost 2 weeks and not being able to go anywhere has been extremely hard! Matt has been trying to carpool but that only happened one day last week. (however, I was very thankful for that day) If it were summer, Lily and I would go and walk around the neighborhood and visit friends and I could live without a car but when it's 18 degrees outside, I'm just not sure it's very responsible of me to take my 6 month old for a walk. So needless to say, I'm a little stir crazy. But my hubby is taking me out on a date tonight and that brightens my day immensely!

Oh btw we just bought a car last night however there are a few things that need fixing so it will probably be another week and a half before we have it. Please pray I don't go absolutely nuts.

1 comment:

  1. yuck! I can't believe they hit and run!!!
    Girl- I pray your new-to-you car will be fixed quickly!!! We have had a car totaled each winter for the past 3 winters, so I know what it is like to share/not have a car. Luckily this past winter BJ got a rental for a few days (we didn't even know it came with our plan, but it did).
    Enjoy your date night tonight:)

    ReplyDelete